2020 has been a year in which many illusions have been shattered, not least that of liberal-capitalist “democracy” itself.
Many movements which we previously imagined to be opposed to the system have aligned themselves with it.
Many individuals who had built a reputation for speaking out against the status quo have stepped forward to defend it against the new breed of heretics.
But, at the same time, 2020 has been a year when certain individual dissidents have shone out, in which their previous warnings have been confirmed and their deeply radical analysis confirmed as not only relevant but essential.
We will continue to update this site to reflect this new reality and here we present a profile of Cory Morningstar, one of the most important voices challenging the global business dictatorship.
“We are embarking on an inescapable and irreversible technological enslavement”
Cory Morningstar is a contemporary, independent, investigative journalist and writer.
A key figure in exposing the corporate networks behind the “climate movement” and the associated Great Reset, she has been described as “almost certainly the most important living journalist in the world (next to Assange perhaps)”. (1)
Morningstar’s forensic skills in detailing corporate manipulation and deceit are combined with a powerful pro-nature, anti-imperialist and feminist philosophy.
She has condemned the “depraved ideology” behind a mercantile world which “never has espoused nor never will espouse a higher regard for humanity than for profits”. (2)
And she warned in November 2020: “We are embarking on an inescapable and irreversible technological enslavement… This we know: the planet will not be saved by those that have destroyed it”. (3)
Her criticism of the faux-green corporate realm comes from a radical environmental position, which breaks the taboo around questioning the myth of technological “progress”.
Describing the way that mobile phones are being used to establish a dictatorial control grid, she pointed out: “Humans have survived successfully for millennia without mobiles. All we require for our survival is healthy food, clean water, clean sanitation, and shelter. And as social animals, we seek physical community, companionship, joy, and love”. (4)
Morningstar was the first journalist to ask questions about the role of the White Helmets in Syria, before turning to explore the business networks promoting “climate action” to further their own financial interests.
Her articles on the latter subject have been published as a book, The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg. (5)
Morningstar described this work as being about “the climate wealth opportunity of unprecedented growth, profits, and the measures our elite classes will take in order to achieve it – including the exploitation of the youth”.
She added: “What is never discussed in regard to the so-called ‘clean energy revolution’ is that its existence is wholly dependent on ‘green’ imperialism – the latter term being synonymous with blood”. (6)
Morningstar often refers in her writing to “the non-profit industrial complex”, which she describes as functioning like an army, “one of the largest armies on Earth”, in its war on humanity and nature.
She explained: “Engineered consent is obtained by creating a manufactured zeitgeist – a mass saturation of key messages, language, framing waged on the citizenry. Conformity is used as a powerful weapon against us”. (7)
On January 17, 2019, in Act I of ‘The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg – for Consent: The Political Economy of the Non-Profit Industrial Complex’, Morningstar explained the marketing behind the Greta Thunberg phenomenon.
She wrote: “What is going on – is a rebooting of a stagnant capitalist economy, that needs new markets – new growth – in order to save itself.
“What is being created is a mechanism to unlock approximately 90 trillion dollars for new investments and infrastructure.
“What is going on is the creation of, and investment in, perhaps the biggest behavioural change experiment yet attempted, global in scale.
“And what are the deciding factors in what behaviours global society should adhere to? And more importantly, who decides? This is a rhetorical question as we know full well the answer: the same Western white male saviours and the capitalist economic system they have implemented globally that has been the cause of our planetary ecological nightmare.
“This crisis continues unabated as they appoint themselves (yet again) as the saviours for all humanity – a recurring problem for centuries”. (8)
Later that month, in this same series, Morningstar again observed that “capitalism is in danger of falling apart”. (9)
On February 3, 2019, she warned that what was not stated, yet understood, was the fact that “the climate can also be exploited, to salvage the global economy. In essence, to save capitalism”. (10)
In the same series of articles, Morningstar discussed how the non-profit industrial complex would serve as an instrumental vehicle to propel the Green New Deal as the catalyst to unlock the 100 trillion dollars required to unleash the “fourth industrial revolution” sought by the World Economic Forum et al.
She cautioned that “this project, of unparalleled magnitude, is the vehicle to save the failing global capitalist economic system and bring in the financialization of nature”. (11)
Her warnings were amply confirmed by events in 2020 as this same corporate agenda was dramatically accelerated via the Covid-branded “Great Reset”.
Morningstar wrote in April 2020: “Covid19 is the conduit to the Fourth Industrial Revolution now in full motion. As people come to terms with what is being forced upon humanity, we will soon regret that we did not unite to oppose to draconian lockdowns and expanding surveillance that will serve to protect/insulate ruling classes from revolt”. (12)
In November 2020, she wrote: “Promises for a just transition, green deals, new deals, build back better schemes, are nothing but empty, hollow assurances, void of intent. These are the lies they tell. Promises and assertions that are nothing more than alibis.
“While ‘corona’ serves to distract a global populace, a virus Klaus Schwab describes as ‘mild’ in his book COVID-19 The Great Reset, one thing is clear – billionaires are the most dangerous virus of all.” (13)
Morningstar’s concentration on the effects of the industrialized capitalist economic system stem from past travel in developing, war-torn countries – and from her life partner, an Algonquin Indian, with whom she shares children.
She has spoken about gathering knowledge from the farmers who built the coffee fincas/co-operatives in Mirafloras, and Estelí, Nicaragua; gathering knowledge from the families confined to the sugar bateyes of the Dominican Republic who are trapped in very real modern day slavery; and gathering knowledge and inspiration observing the prowess of the children who live on the streets Siem Reap in Cambodia. (14)
With her children in tow, she last visited anti-imperialist Bolivia in April of 2010, where she contributed to the People’s Agreement written in Cochabamba.
Video links: ‘The Great Reset & The Fourth Industrial Revolution’ – video interview with Cory Morningstar (1hr 3- mins)
Audio link: Demystifying the 4th Industrial Revolution with Cory Morningstar (1hr 4 mins)
1. John Steppling, ‘Connecting the dots, December 20, 2019, https://dissidentvoice.org/2019/12/connecting-the-dots/
2. Cory Morningstar, ‘It’s not a Social Dilemma, it’s the calculated destruction of the social’, October 28, 2020,
3. Cory Morningstar, ‘The Great Reset: The final assault on the living planet’, November 28, 2020,
6. Cory Morningtar, ‘Act I, The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg – for Consent: The Political Economy of the Non-Profit Industrial Complex’, January 17, 2019,
7. Cory Morningstar, ‘The “2020 Super Year” is a faux-green financial scheme to turn all Mother Nature into money’, February 3, 2020, https://markcrispinmiller.com/2020/02/the-2020-super-year-is-a-faux-green-financial-scheme-to-turn-all-mother-nature-into-money/
8. Morningstar, ‘Act I, The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg – for Consent: The Political Economy of the Non-Profit Industrial Complex’.
9. Cory Morningstar, ‘Act III, The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg – for Consent: The Most Inconvenient Truth: “Capitalism is in Danger of Falling Apart”’, January 28, 2019, http://theartofannihilation.com/the-manufacturing-of-greta-thunberg-for-consent-the-most-inconvenient-truth-capitalism-is-in-danger-of-falling-apart/
10. Cory Morningstar, ‘Act IV, The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg – for Consent: The House is On Fire! & the 100 Trillion Dollar Rescue’, February 3, 2019, http://theartofannihilation.com/the-manufacturing-of-greta-thunberg-for-consent-the-house-is-on-fire-the-90-trillion-dollar-rescue-part-iv/
11. Cory Morningstar, ‘Act V, The Manufacturing of Greta Thunberg – for Consent: The Green New Deal is the Trojan Horse for the Financialization of Nature’, February 13, 2019, http://theartofannihilation.com/the-manufacturing-of-greta-thunberg-for-consent-the-new-green-deal-is-the-trojan-horse-for-the-financialization-of-nature/
13. Morningstar, ‘The Great Reset: The Final Assault on the Living Plant’. http://www.wrongkindofgreen.org/2020/11/28/the-great-reset-the-final-assault-on-the-living-planet-its-not-a-social-dilemma-its-the-calculated-destruction-of-the-social-part-iii/